An Act concerning tourism and breweries in the State, supplementing P.L.1977, c.225, and amending R.S.33:1-18.
Be It Enacted by the Senate and General Assembly of the State of New Jersey:
1. (New section) In addition to the powers and duties of the division as provided in section 9 of P.L.1977, c.225 (C.34:1A-53), the division, in conjunction with the Director of the Division of Alcoholic Beverage Control and any local government official or entity, shall identify a series of breweries to be part of a brewery trail. No fewer than three brewery trails shall be identified for the purposes of this program and the division shall ensure all holders of a limited brewery license and restricted brewery license in current operation in the State is included. In identifying specific breweries to be included on a specific brewery trail, special consideration shall be given to breweries that are in close geographic proximity to other breweries or thematically linked by surrounding arts, cultural, historical, entertainment, or other tourism destinations or exhibits of interest to tourists.
As used in this section, "brewery trail" means a series of limited and restricted license breweries identified by the division, which may be linked by geographic proximity and alignment, thematic consistency, historical consistency, brewing process, and resulting product.
2. (New section) a. The division shall develop and maintain an Internet website providing information concerning every holder of a limited brewery license or restricted brewery license pursuant to R.S.33:1-10. The information on the website shall be searchable and available as a list and as an interactive map, and shall:
(1) specify the location of each brewery and provide driving directions from the north, south, east, and west as well as directions by public transit where applicable;
(2) provide information about whether the brewery offers tours of its facilities, the frequency of tours, and hours during which tours are conducted;
(3) display photographs of the brewery;
(4) state the brewery's first year of operation or licensure pursuant to R.S.33:1-10;
(5) provide a description of the beverages brewed on site, including but not limited to the style, color, flavor, ingredients, production method, and the alcohol-by-volume (ABV);
(6) inform visitors of whether the brewery is part of a specific brewery trail developed pursuant to section 1 of P.L. , c. (C. ) (pending before the Legislature as this bill); and
(7) provide contact information for each brewery, including each brewery's telephone number and Internet website address.
b. The division shall develop and publish on its website vacation itineraries based on specific brewery trails developed pursuant to section 1 of P.L. , c. (C. ) (pending before the Legislature as this bill), which shall identify for visitors surrounding attractions, restaurants, lodging, and other exhibits or places of entertainment in close proximity to the breweries on the brewery trail. The division may solicit information from the holders of limited brewery licenses and restricted brewery licenses in the development of vacation itineraries.
c. In addition to publishing the information as required in subsection a. and b. of this section, the division may distribute the information by any other method it deems appropriate.
d. The director shall ensure that the Internet website is updated whenever a new brewery is granted a limited brewery license or restricted brewery license pursuant to R.S.33:1-10. The division shall accept information, or changes to the website from the Director of the Division of Alcoholic Beverage Control, breweries, the 1[Garden State Craft] New Jersey Brewers Association or the successor organization thereof, the1 Brewers Guild 1of New Jersey1 or 1[its] the1 successor organization 1thereof1, and entities that compile data on the State's breweries through an electronic submission form made available by the division on its Internet website.
3. R.S.33:1-18 is amended to read as follows:
33:1-18. It shall be the duty of the director to administer the issuance of manufacturers', wholesalers', plenary retail transit, sporting facility, vendor, transportation and public warehouse licenses, in accordance with this chapter. Upon issuing a limited brewery license or restricted brewery license pursuant to R.S.33:1-10, the 2[commissioner] director2 shall notify the Director of the Division of Travel and Tourism of the name and address of the new licensee within 15 calendar days after issuance.
(cf: P.L.2015, c.86, s.2)
4. This act shall take effect immediately.
Requires Division of Travel and Tourism to advertise and promote tours of breweries in the State.