ASSEMBLY, No. 2583
STATE OF NEW JERSEY
INTRODUCED FEBRUARY 20, 2014
Assemblyman WAYNE P. DEANGELO
District 14 (Mercer and Middlesex)
Assemblywoman ELIANA PINTOR MARIN
District 29 (Essex)
Requires development of fact sheet about bedbugs to be posted on the Department of Education’s website.
CURRENT VERSION OF TEXT
As reported by the Senate Community and Urban Affairs Committee on December 10, 2015, with amendments.
An Act concerning the health of students and supplementing chapter 40 of Title 18A of the New Jersey Statutes.
Be It Enacted by the Senate and General Assembly of the State of New Jersey:
1. a. The Commissioner of Education, in consultation with the Commissioner of Health 1[and Senior Services]1 and the National Pest Management Association, shall develop a fact sheet that provides information about bedbugs. The fact sheet shall include, but not be limited to, an explanation of the following:
(1) the dangers of bedbugs;
(2) the ways in which bedbugs spread;
(3) the means of detecting a bedbug infestation;
(4) the warning signs of a bedbug infestation and symptoms of bedbug bites;
(5) the ways to prevent and eliminate an infestation of bedbugs; and
(6) methods of treating bedbug bites.
b. The commissioner shall post the fact sheet on the Department of Education’s website for school districts and students and parents to access, and shall update the fact sheet as necessary. The department shall notify school districts of the availability of the fact sheet on its website.
c. In the 1[2014-2015] 2016-20171 school year and in each school year thereafter, each school district may distribute the fact sheet to students and their parents or guardians.
2. This act shall take effect immediately.