Assemblyman WAYNE P. DEANGELO
District 14 (Mercer and Middlesex)
Assemblyman JOHN ARMATO
District 2 (Atlantic)
Assemblywoman ANNETTE QUIJANO
District 20 (Union)
Assemblywoman ANGELA V. MCKNIGHT
District 31 (Hudson)
Senator SANDRA B. CUNNINGHAM
District 31 (Hudson)
Senator M. TERESA RUIZ
District 29 (Essex)
Assemblyman Verrelli, Assemblywomen Vainieri Huttle, Murphy, Assemblymen Wirths, Space, Karabinchak, Assemblywoman Jasey, Assemblyman Freiman, Assemblywoman Lopez, Assemblyman Mazzeo, Senators Oroho, Turner and Cruz-Perez
Provides project grants under “Securing Our Children’s Future Fund” for career and technical education at county colleges; appropriates $26,456,996.
CURRENT VERSION OF TEXT
An Act concerning project grants under the “Securing Our Children’s Future Fund” to provide career and technical education at county colleges and making an appropriation.
Be It Enacted by the Senate and General Assembly of the State of New Jersey:
1. a. There is appropriated from the “Securing Our Children’s Future Fund,” established pursuant to section 13 of P.L.2018, c.119, to the Secretary of Higher Education the sum of $25,956,996 to provide career and technical education grants to county colleges. Project grants shall be approved in the amounts set forth in subsection b. of this section.
b. Project grants shall be awarded in the amounts as follows:
(1) $4,000,000 to Atlantic Cape Community College in Mays Landing, Atlantic County;
(2) $1,937,711 to Brookdale Community College in Lincroft, Monmouth County;
(3) $4,000,000 to County College of Morris in Randolph, Morris County;
(4) $2,737,317 to Hudson County Community College in Jersey City, Hudson County;
(5) $4,000,000 to Mercer County Community College in West Windsor, Mercer County;
(6) $2,997,691 to Middlesex County College in Edison, Middlesex County;
(7) $2,104,752 to Ocean County College in Toms River, Ocean County;
(8) $2,650,500 to Union County College in Cranford, Union County; and
(9) $1,529,025 to Warren County Community College in West Washington, Warren County.
2. There is appropriated from the “Securing Our Children’s Future Fund” to the Office of the Secretary of Higher Education the sum of $500,000 for the administrative costs of the agency in implementing the provisions of the “Securing Our Children’s Future Bond Act,” P.L.2018, c.119.
3. The expenditure of sums appropriated by this act shall be subject to the provisions and conditions of the “Securing Our Children’s Future Bond Act,” P.L.2018, c.119.
4. This act shall take effect immediately.
bill appropriates a total of $26,456,996 from the “Securing
Our Children’s Future Fund.” Under the bill, $25,956,996 is appropriated for career and technical education grants to the State’s county colleges. The bill also appropriates $500,000 to the Office of the Secretary of Higher Education for the administration of the “Securing Our Children’s Future Bond Act.”